USA: PepsiStuff.com Hits the Internet - and a Store Near You
Consumers can choose video games from EA, such as SSX, The Sims, James Bond: The World is Not Enough and EA Sports games (see http://www.ea.com); compact discs from Sam Goody; music downloads from hit artists such as Nine Days and Jon Secada from Sony Music; DVD titles from Columbia TriStar Home Video, such as The Net starring Sandra Bullock and Cable Guy starring Jim Carrey; autographed movie memorabilia from Sony Pictures Entertainment's Charlie's Angels, The 6th Day and Vertical Limit, merchandise and discounts through Yahoo!( Shopping, and much more.
In addition, PepsiStuff.com includes offers from Alloy Online, Buell Motorcycle Company (a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc.), Foot Locker, Gift Certificates.com, GlobalSports, GoJane.com, Kinko's and S3's Rio Division.
"This is the largest single-serve promotion we've ever done, involving more than 1.5 billion packages and nearly 80,000 retail outlets," said Dawn Hudson, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Pepsi-Cola North America. "We continually strive to be where our consumers are and, at the same time, offer them added value when they choose Pepsi. Our 13 partners have made that possible by stepping forward with incredible rewards that our consumers want."
Here's how PepsiStuff.com works:
- Purchase any of the 1.5 billion specially marked 20-ounce and 1-liter bottles (or fountain cups) of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi ONE, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew and Wild Cherry Pepsi. Bottles and cups are marked with a "Pepsi Stuff.com, Powered by Yahoo!" logo on the front of the label.
- Check under each cap (or on fountain cup game pieces) for a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code or an instant win discount offer from Sam Goody and Foot Locker. Every cap has either a code or an instant win message - you won't see any "Sorry, Try Again" messages.
- Log on to PepsiStuff.com or DewStuff.com, set up your Yahoo! account and enter your alphanumeric code(s). All codes are worth 100 points.
- Redeem your points for digital awards, merchandise and discounts, or bid on auction items. You may add points to your account and redeem items at any time until the end of the program (December 31, 2000).
"PepsiStuff.com enables consumers everywhere to experience a familiar program in a new and innovative way," said Anil Singh, chief sales and marketing officer, Yahoo! Inc. "Pepsi and Yahoo! are bringing this promotion to the Internet to make this a seamless, simple and fun process for participants."
PepsiStuff.com also features sweepstakes items from Pepsi and the program's promotional partners such as a new Buell Blast motorcycle (and a trip to the Harley-Davidson Rider's Edge training school), a chance for a consumer to appear in an EA video game and a Gibson guitar signed by Chief Yahoo! Jerry Yang. In addition, consumers can bid on auction items such as autographed items from musicians such as Sony Music's Mandy Moore, tickets and trips to sporting events and a year's supply of Pepsi or Mountain Dew. Orders will be fulfilled by Young America, a leader in the consumer interaction processing industry, based in Minneapolis, Minn.
Television advertising for the program begins next week and continues through the fall on outlets such as ABC, FOX, MTV and the WB. In the spot, produced by BBDO New York, a teenager at a carnival discovers that it is much easier to redeem items from PepsiStuff.com than it is to win a prize from the infamous "claw" game.
Pepsi-Cola Company, headquartered in Purchase, N.Y., is the global beverage division of PepsiCo, Inc. Its brands in the United States include Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi ONE, Mountain Dew, Mug, Slice, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Aquafina, All Sport Body Quencher and FruitWorks. The company also makes and markets ready- to-drink iced teas and coffees, respectively, via joint ventures with Lipton and Starbucks.
Yahoo! Inc. is a global Internet communications, commerce and media company that offers a comprehensive branded network of services to more than 156 million individuals each month worldwide. As the first online navigational guide to the Web, http://www.yahoo.com is the leading guide in terms of traffic, advertising, household and business user reach, and is one of the most recognized brands associated with the Internet. The company also provides online business services designed to enhance the Web presence of Yahoo!'s clients, including audio and video streaming, store hosting and management and Web site tools and services.
The company's global Web network includes 23 local World properties outside the United States. Yahoo! has offices in Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, Canada and the United States, and is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif.
Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends