GERMANY: PepsiCo to distribute Rockstar in Germany
Rockstar teams with PepsiCo in Germany
PepsiCo has signed a deal to take over the distribution of Rockstar Inc’s energy drinks in Germany from 1 July.
The soft drinks giant has already taken over the distribution of Rockstar energy products in the US and Canada, and said today (5 March) that the additional partnership in Germany is “extremely promising”.
“Securing distribution with PepsiCo Deutschland has been an important milestone for Rockstar energy drink‘s international expansion,” said Zach Lambakis, executive vice president for global business development at Rockstar. “We are thrilled to be in a distribution system we already know and trust which allows us to focus on building the brand globally. Our alignment with PepsiCo will help ensure we position Rockstar for category leadership.”
While the PepsiCo Neu Isenburger Group will be responsible for the distribution of Rockstar Energy Drink, the Rockstar’s Bochum office, in liaison with US headquarters, will control product marketing including sponsoring and public relations.
“For 2010 we have strong product innovation in the pipeline to successfully increase our present portfolio of five different variations,” said Rockstar country manager Alexander Kirsch.
In February, UK soft drinks group AG Barr extended its sales and distribution contract with Rockstar for its namesake energy drink in the UK and Ireland. The two firms have signed a ten-year deal.
Drinks companies, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, have targeted their efforts at the developing markets of the world in recent years. Not only has the trend reaped rewards in terms of sales, but mul...
In this briefing, Euromonitor International focuses on opportunities for growing global carbonates category volume. As part of the report, Euromonitor International looks to identify growth opportunit...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research