UK: PepsiCo silent over Britvic, AG Barr merger talks
Britvic distributes PepsiCo's brands in the UK and Ireland
Yesterday (5 September), an analyst said a change to a control clause within PepsiCo's bottling contract with Britvic signalled PepsiCo's approval of the merger. Britvic is PepsiCo's exclusive bottler in the UK and Ireland.
But PepsiCo today (6 September) said: “We are aware of the announcement made by Britvic and AG Barr. As a matter of policy, we do not comment on M&A activity.”
About 40% of Britvic's sales come from bottling PepsiCo brands. The anaylst, Canaccord Genuity's Wayne Brown, said PepsiCo's approval would remove the main obstacle to the merger.
Britvic and AG Barr confirmed yesterday that they are in talks over a possible merger.
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
This month, Tom Vierhile at Datamonitor considers the appeal of a liquid breakfast amongst consumers....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts