US: PepsiCo shuts HQ as country prepares for Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy is predicted to cause havoc across the US
PepsiCo has closed its head offices in Purchase, New York, in preparation for Hurricane Sandy.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks that the offices, in Westchester county, are closed today (29 October) in light of the impending storm, which could see winds of up to 90mph. Other company offices in Westchester are also closed.
PepsiCo's various distribution centres and warehouses in the nearby area are also shut.
"They all started preparing over the weekend," the spokesperson said.
Nine US states have declared a state of emergency in light of the hurricane, due to hit the country's east coast later today. President Obama said the storm could have "potentially fatal consequences" if people do not act quickly.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK