US: PepsiCo shuts HQ as country prepares for Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy is predicted to cause havoc across the US
PepsiCo has closed its head offices in Purchase, New York, in preparation for Hurricane Sandy.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks that the offices, in Westchester county, are closed today (29 October) in light of the impending storm, which could see winds of up to 90mph. Other company offices in Westchester are also closed.
PepsiCo's various distribution centres and warehouses in the nearby area are also shut.
"They all started preparing over the weekend," the spokesperson said.
Nine US states have declared a state of emergency in light of the hurricane, due to hit the country's east coast later today. President Obama said the storm could have "potentially fatal consequences" if people do not act quickly.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends