US: PepsiCo partners with iTunes Radio service
PepsiCo has its own branded channel on the service
PepsiCo has said it expects to reach “millions” of consumers digitally in a tie-up with the newly-launched iTunes Radio.
The soft drinks group is the exclusive food and bevarage partner for Apple's new streaming radio, which went live yesterday (18 September) with its iOS7 operating system. PepsiCo said it will deliver “custom experiences” across its brands, as well as offering branded channels within iTunes Radio.
PepsiCo has the only branded channels on the service at this stage.
"PepsiCo has consistently leveraged music as a growth driver for our brands. We believe that today's music eco-system allows our brands to play a more active role in supporting artists and engaging music fans," said Frank Cooper, PepsiCo Global Beverages Group's CMO for global consumer engagement.
iTunes Radio is currently only available in the US.
Last year, PepsiCo announced its “Live for Music” partnership with social media feed Twitter.
PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo completed the purchase of its leading bottlers, The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) and PepsiAmericas (PAS) in 2010, in order to streamline its business. This move will help it to be more flexible ...
While PepsiCo has lost ground to Coca-Cola in some HW soft drinks categories, including RTD tea, bottled water and carbonates, PepsiCo is in a much stronger position in HW packaged foods. The company’...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad