INDIA: PepsiCo lines up India facility closure? - report
Local residents have alleged that the facility is causing similar problems to a Coca-Cola plant in the region, which was closed in 2004 after it was accused of drawing excess water from the wells on its premises.
The State Government of Kerala has started an investigation into the allegation.
A senior manager of the company, who did not wish to be named, said: “Currently, we are waiting for the Kerala government’s report. If the situation arises, we will close our factory in the state like Coca-Cola.”
PepsiCo officials declined to comment on the matter late last week.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India