INDIA: PepsiCo launches Pepsi Max
Punita Lal, executive marketing director at PepsiCo India, shows off Pepsi Max
PepsiCo India has launched its sugar-free Pepsi Max into the INR1bn (US$22m) Indian CSD market.
The drink, which is aimed at young, urban males aged between 25 and 35 years, will be available in 250ml cans priced at INR15 (US$0.32), as well as 330ml cans and 500ml PET packs at INR25.
PepsiCo confirmed yesterday (2 August) that it will initially launch Pepsi Max in Delhi but plans to go India-wide in the coming months.
“The introduction of Pepsi Max is a defining moment for the cola industry in India," said Punita Lal, executive marketing director at PepsiCo India.
“Pepsi Max will soon become a ‘cool reference brand’ for young adults while heralding a new segment in the cola category leading to category expansion.”
Since the introduction of Pepsi Max in the UK and Italy in 1993, the drink has entered 40 countries.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research