FRANCE: PepsiCo France MD Prolongeau takes global role
Prolongeau takes role with PepsiCo's nutrition division
The head of PepsiCo's French unit has taken a position in the US food and drinks giant's global organisation as senior vice president of its fruit and vegetables business.
Vincent Prolongeau, who has been MD of PepsiCo France since 2006, will be responsible for all the company's products based on fruit and vegetables.
He is the second person to fill the role, which was created last year when PepsiCo formed its global nutrition unit. Prolongeau replaces Eugene Willemsen who has been promoted to president of PepsiCo operations in Turkey, the Balkans and Greece.
Prolongeau will be replaced in France by Armando Amselem, who joined PepsiCo in 1995 after stints in the wine industry and in finance.
Amselem has held several senior positions at PepsiCo including in Latin America and in the UK. From 2001, he worked for four years as finance director of its French unit. In 2006, Amselem moved to PepsiCo's European HQ in Geneva, where he became vice president of strategic planning and then finance director of the company's operations in western Europe.
"I am proud today to be responsible for the further development of a subsidiary whose growth has been impressive since its inception," Amselem said.
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
PepsiCo is set to launch a NASCAR-themed television advert in the US for its Diet Mountain Dew brand....
Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp has said it expects to receive approval for its tie-up with PepsiCo next month, according to reports....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video