USA: PepsiCo EPS Surges 24%
Earnings per share for PepsiCo, Inc. surged 24% to $.38 cents in the second quarter ended June 10, from $.31 in the prior year on a pro forma basis. Revenues jumped 9% to $4.9 billion as every operating division posted higher volume.Roger Enrico, chairman and CEO, said: "PepsiCo continues to generate broad-based growth, healthy cash flow and improving returns on capital. Our volume gains in the second quarter reflect the strength of our businesses and our excellent position in the vast convenient food and beverage market. Our second quarter performance also confirms that we can sustain 12-13% EPS growth, with occasional upsides.""Looking ahead, we believe that changing lifestyles will continue to create enormous opportunities for PepsiCo. We believe our commitment to innovation and our unparalleled distribution capability can drive consistent double-digit EPS growth in the second half of 2000, and beyond." Some highlights from the quarter include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends