USA: PepsiCo EPS Surges 24%
Earnings per share for PepsiCo, Inc. surged 24% to $.38 cents in the second quarter ended June 10, from $.31 in the prior year on a pro forma basis. Revenues jumped 9% to $4.9 billion as every operating division posted higher volume.Roger Enrico, chairman and CEO, said: "PepsiCo continues to generate broad-based growth, healthy cash flow and improving returns on capital. Our volume gains in the second quarter reflect the strength of our businesses and our excellent position in the vast convenient food and beverage market. Our second quarter performance also confirms that we can sustain 12-13% EPS growth, with occasional upsides.""Looking ahead, we believe that changing lifestyles will continue to create enormous opportunities for PepsiCo. We believe our commitment to innovation and our unparalleled distribution capability can drive consistent double-digit EPS growth in the second half of 2000, and beyond." Some highlights from the quarter include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends