MEXICO: Pepsi-Gemex Files Request to Make Cash Tender Offer
Pepsi-Gemex expects to have the support of EMVASA's principle shareholders and has received the full support of PepsiCo, Inc. The all-cash tender, to be made in Mexican pesos, is valued at approximately $81,000,000 (USD), plus assumption of EMVASA's indebtedness.
The tender offer is conditioned on numerous approvals, including Mexican government authorities (the CNBV, the Competition and Antitrust Commission and the Foreign Investment Commission and others), as well as other conditions. There can be no assurance that the required approvals will be granted or that this transaction will close.
Pepsi-Gemex is the largest Pepsi bottler exclusively outside the United States and sole anchor bottler for Pepsi-Cola in Mexico. The Company's current operations encompass the Mexico City metropolitan area, and portions of the adjacent states of Mexico and Hidalgo, the southwestern states of Guerrero and Morelos, the southeastern states of Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo and the central states of Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, Durango and San Luis Potosi. Since mid-1997, Pepsi-Gemex has had control of the Northeast Bottling Group, which holds the Pepsi franchise for Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and portions of the states of Chihuahua, Tamaulipas and Durango. Since January 1999, the financial results of the Northeast Bottling Group have been consolidated into those of Pepsi-Gemex.
Pepsi-Gemex is one of Mexico's largest soft drink producers. The Company produces Pepsi, Mirinda, KAS, Seven-Up, Manzanita Sol, Power Punch, Garci Crespo and San Lorenzo mineral waters and Squirt. The Company also offers Seagram products to its customers and owns Mexico's largest purified water company, Electropura. Pepsi-Gemex shares trade on the Mexican Bolsa and the New York Stock Exchange.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research