USA: Pepsi and Warner Music Promotion to Hit Stores May 15
Beginning May 15, consumers will have the chance to create their own customized CDs as part of Pepsi's "Choose Your Music" promotion. Pepsi-Cola Company and Warner Music have joined forces to bring some of the hottest stars into the program, such as Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Phil Collins, Sugar Ray, Busta Rhymes and many others.In the largest promotion of its kind, consumers can collect points on nearly 1.5 billion packages of Pepsi products for a free customized CD produced by musicmaker.com. To date, the program includes more than 160 tracks from 100 artists, with more expected to sign on soon."For several decades, Pepsi has reached consumers through music," said Dawn Hudson, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Pepsi-Cola Company. "For the Choose Your Music program, Warner has helped us put together a fantastic list of artists that cover several genres of music, giving consumers an incredibly wide array of selections to meet their tastes.""This promotion is a great way to gain exposure for both our established and developing artists," said Jim Noonan, senior vice president, Warner Music Group. "And Pepsi is a terrific partner."To participate, consumers collect "Choose Your Music" points from specially marked packages of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi ONE, Mountain Dew, Wild Cherry Pepsi and Storm (where available). When they collect enough points, they can make their own five or ten-song CD.Consumers make their selections from a list of artists in packaging and at in-store displays and send in the order form. Pepsi's website (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US