USA: Peabodys Coffee Enters Agreement with Capitol Coffee
Peabodys Coffee Inc., (OTCBB:PBDY) announced that the company has entered in to a Letter of Intent to acquire the specialty coffee operating units of Sacramento based Capitol Coffee. Capitol Coffee has contracts with the Los Rios Community College District which include two high-performance coffee kiosks at American River College in Sacramento. Todd Tkachuk, President/CEO of Peabodys said, "This is right in line with our core business strategy. It not only adds two highly profitable sites at a local college with over 24,000 students, but also brings the potential of additional units along with two key people in Mark Barbaccia and Edgar Gosalvez. These are two pioneers in the institutional specialty coffee market, and have long-standing relationship with key institutional companies and a proven track record of securing "high-quality" locations." Details of the transaction were not disclosed other than the acquisition involves a combination of cash and shares. Director Barry Gibbons, former Burger King Chairman/CEO said, "This is another piece in the jig-saw. We are always looking for quality locations, and to land these and the future services of two people of such profile in our industry makes this a red letter day for us." This release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect management's view only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China