US: Patron COO elected DISCUS chairman
Patron and Brown-Forman's COOs have swapped the DISCUS chairmanship
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has confirmed a change of chairman.
The trade body confirmed yesterday (23 February) that John McDonnell, chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits International, has been elected to the position. McDonnell replaces James Bareuther, following his retirement from Brown-Forman as executive VP and chief operating officer.
“I'm honoured to assume this important position, and look forward to working together with my industry colleagues to continue to promote policies that will increase market share and acceptance of spirits,” said McDonnell.
"Our industry is facing a number of issues, from tax threats to market access concerns to equal treatment versus beer and wine, but none of these can be effectively addressed without the full cooperation from all of us who work in this business. One of my primary goals is to help forge closer ties between suppliers, distributors, and retailers.”
McDonnell, who joined Patron in 2005, will hold the post for a two-year term.
Pernod Ricard boasts the most brands in a list of the top 50 international spirits brands in 2011, but Diageo leads the pack once again with Smirnoff topping the tree....
New Zealand Winegrowers' director for Europe, David Cox, has left the group to "pursue other interests and projects", the body announced today (16 July). ...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign