US: Patrón Tequila eyes Europe, Asia expansion
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution deals in Europe and Asia as it looks to grow its namesake premium Tequila outside the US.
The US-based company, which dominates the country's booming premium Tequila category, has struck agreements covering Ireland and Hong Kong.
Brinkman Beverages Ireland, which also handles luxury vodka Ketel One and Scotch whisky Cutty Sark, will sell Patrón Tequila in Ireland.
Telford International Co. will distribute the Patrón portfolio in Hong Kong and Macau, a market famous for its gaming industry. Telford's stable includes Budweiser, Jack Daniel's and Laurent-Perrier.
"These distribution agreements, just two of several we've completed in Asia and Europe, will further contribute to Patrón's phenomenal growth this year," said Patrón COO John McDonnell.
He added that the travel retail sector had driven Patrón's expansion into markets outside the US. The company expects its sales in travel retail to double this year.
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Heaven Hill Distilleries is to expand another of its facilities in the US....
William Grant & Sons is to embark on a GBP23m (US$45m) marketing effort behind flagship Scotch whisky Glenfiddich....
Diageo has admitted that it is under investigation from the South Korean government but has refuted claims that the probe concerns tax evasion....
The EU has formally asked the World Trade Organisation to set up an arbitration panel to rule on India's tariff regime for imported wines and spirits....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends