US: Patrón Spirits ups presence in UK
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK.
The US-based company confirmed today (16 July) that it has signed an agreement with Cellar Trends to handle its products, which includes its namesake Tequila brand, in both the on- and off-trade in the UK. The deal will take effect from 1 August.
"The interest in Patrón and other ultra-premium tequilas and high-end spirits continues to skyrocket in the UK," said John McDonnell, chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits Company. "In Cellar Trends, we've found a partner with a proven track record in building successful brands. We're looking forward to working with them to introduce our Patrón tequila and Pyrat rum portfolio to more people in Great Britain, and growing our presence throughout the country."
Martin Watts, joint owner and managing director of Cellar Trends, added: "Patrón tequila is undoubtedly the most popular spirit brand in the US today and is quickly developing a consumer base throughout the world. The growth opportunities for Patrón are endless here in the UK, and we're excited to be working with The Patrón Spirits Company to champion this brand."
Last month, Cellar Trends took over distribution of Fior Brands, a joint venture in the UK between Gruppo Campari and Morrison Bowmore Distillers. Cellar Trends, which had distributed Grey Goose vodka in the UK prior to its acquisition by Bacardi, has a strong on-trade presence with brands like Luxardo sambuca and Jägermeister.
William Grant & Sons has recruited a new senior vice president of marketing for its US subsidiary....
The Pink Spirits Co. has hired five new sales managers due to the increasing demand for its namesake vodka brand since expanding distribution....
Brown-Forman has confirmed the termination of two marketing agreements in the US. The company said yesterday (7 January) that its collaborations with Wray & Nephew and Distell Group in the country are...
Thai Beverage is looking to list in Thailand, according to local reports over the weekend....
Castle Brands has created - and filled - a position covering national accounts in the US....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu-Kahlua unit has launched a global advertising campaign for its Malibu rum brand....
While it may be acceptable for people to be a little vague about their age, Chris Losh believes loose terminology about age on bottles of wine or spirits is deliberately misleading consumers, and shou...
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends