SINGAPORE: Overseas Union Enterprise extends Fraser & Neave offer deadline
Fraser & Neave is the target for both TCC and OUE
The battle for Fraser & Neave (F&N) has taken another twist after Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) extended the deadline for its SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the Singapore conglomerate.
In a filing today (3 January), property group OUE said that the closing date for its offer has been extended until 14 January. The previous deadline was today.
It comes after ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets yesterday extended its offer deadline for F&N for a fourth time to 10 January. OUE's bid tops TCC's, which is SGD9bn (US$7.36bn).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Last month, F&N's board branded OUE's offer as "not compelling, but fair".
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research