Product Launch - BELGIUM/FRANCE: Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Click through to view Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Orangina Schweppes’ Schweppes Zero
Category - CSD, pineapple, strawberry, lemon, citrus fruit, Indian tonic
Available - From this month
Location - Belgium, France, in off-trade
Price - EUR1.95 (US$2.60) per 1.5-litre bottle. Also available in 33cl cans
Distribution - Orangina Schweppes
Orangina Schweppes is set to replace its Schweppes Light range in France and Belgium with Schweppes Zero. The move is a result of the company’s decision to withdraw aspartame from all of its drinks in favour of sucralose.
"From the point of view of taste, this represents real progress," said Orangina Schweppes CEO for France and Belgium, Hugues Pietrini. "With sucralose, there isn't the metallic after-taste."
Pietrini highlighted the commercial success of the calorie and aspartame-free Miss Orangina, launched a year ago.
The news is the latest blow for aspartame producers, after the European Food Safety Authority launched a public consultation on the safety of the sweetener last week.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research