UK: OFT examines AG Barr, Britvic merger
The companies confirmed their planned merger last week
The agency is inviting written evidence on any “competition or public interest issues” under the Enterprise Act 2002, it announced yesterday (19 November). The deadline for submissions is 30 November.
The merged company - Barr Britvic Soft Drinks - will have its legal headquarters at Barr's existing head office in Cumbernauld, Scotland, while the new group's operational HQ will be at Britvic's head offices in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
The deal remains subject to shareholder and regulatory approval.
To see just-drinks' full coverage of AG Barr and Britvic's proposed merger, click here.
Britvic requires a "significant cultural change", an analyst has warned while dismissing its chairman's claims performance has improved since it agreed to merge with AG Barr....
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
Britvic's sidelined merger with AG Barr is likely to go ahead despite a new cost-savings plan from Britvic that suggests it could go it alone, an analyst has said....
AG Barr has avoided action from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an Irn Bru ad attracted 176 complaints. ...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts