UK: Nyetimber extends exports to Denmark
Nyetimber now has two export markets
English winemaker Nyetimber is to launch in Denmark months after Japan became its first overseas market.
Nyetimber said today (28 August) it has appointed Philipson Wine as its exclusive Danish distributor. The deal, which starts on Sunday, follows April's distribution agreement with Tokyo-based premium wine distributor Enoteca.
Philipson Wine owner, Christian Philipson, said he has admired the increase in quality of England’s best sparkling wine over the past few years. “I am looking forward to introducing Nyetimber to the finest restaurants and wine lovers in Denmark,” Philipson said.
The official Danish launch of Nyetimber will take place in Copenhagen on 5 September.
Last year, Nyetimber said it would not use the 2012 harvest because the grapes were badly affected by poor weather.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?