NORWAY/LATVIA: NP Foods Group to be acquired by Orkla
NP Foods Group, owner of the Gutta juice brand, has agreed a deal to be taken over by Norway's Orkla for an undisclosed sum.
Under the agreement, Orkla will acquire 100% of the shares in the companies held by Nordic Partners Foods, which is owned by the Latvian investment company Nordic Partners and the Icelandic fund BIL ehf. NP Foods Group also owns the Everest bottled water brand.
The transaction also includes biscuit, cake and ready meal brands, including chocolate brand Laima.
"The acquisition of Laima and other well-established brands is strategically important to Orkla, and will significantly strengthen our foothold in the region," said Orkla's president & CEO, Peter Ruzicka.
In 2013, NP had full-year sales of EUR77.1m, with operating profits of EUR7.5m The firm, which has four factories in Latvia and one in Lithuania, has 1,100 employees.
The deal remains subject to approval from the Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian competition authorities.
Juice Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
Synopsis Canadean’s, "Juice Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide" provides a snapshot of the Juice consumption in East Europe. The quantitative data in the report provides historic and forecast...read more
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts