NEW ZEALAND: No Montana enquiry decision until May
The enquiry into the takeover of New Zealand's leading winemaker Montana by Lion Nathan will not reach an end until May, according to a Montana spokesman. It is thought the most likely date is somewhere between May 21st and 24th, a report by Dow Jones said today. Lion Nathan won a bidding war with the UK's Allied Domecq to gain control of Montana back in February. However both Montana executives and Allied Domecq complained that Lion had broken stock exchange listing rules and Montana's constitution in the takeover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report