NEW ZEALAND: No Montana enquiry decision until May
The enquiry into the takeover of New Zealand's leading winemaker Montana by Lion Nathan will not reach an end until May, according to a Montana spokesman. It is thought the most likely date is somewhere between May 21st and 24th, a report by Dow Jones said today. Lion Nathan won a bidding war with the UK's Allied Domecq to gain control of Montana back in February. However both Montana executives and Allied Domecq complained that Lion had broken stock exchange listing rules and Montana's constitution in the takeover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends