UK: Nichols takeover talks ongoing
UK soft drinks company Nichols has confirmed that it is still locked in talks about a possible takeover.
The company said earlier this week that preliminary discussions "regarding the possibility of an offer for the entire issued and to be issued share capital of the company" are still ongoing.
When contacted by just-drinks today (11 May) a spokesperson declined to comment further on the announcement.
In March, a source close to the situation told just-drinks that a number of parties, including Irn-Bru maker AG Barr, are believed to be in talks with the Nichols family over a potential acquisition of the Vimto producer. The source also said that a number of private equity firms remain interested in the company but that the Nichols family, which controls nearly 40% of the company, is happy to retain ownership.
Separately, Nichols said this week that its finance director, Brendan Hynes, will remain with Nichols, despite the announcement late last year that he would be joining Inter Link Foods.
Remy Cointreau has launched its Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand from a different viewpoint, with the bottle balancing on its top....
UK soft drinks producer AG Barr has said it will be stepping up marketing and promotional activity behind its Irn-Bru brand over the Christmas period, with the marketing push to include a national tel...
Bacardi has unveiled plans to launch its Grey Goose vodka brand in a limited edition Emporio Armani bottle in the UK, with sale proceeds going to charity....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled an addition to its Russell's Rye portfolio in the US....
AG Barr has posted a slight lift in operating profit for the six months to the end of July, despite the poor summer weather in the UK....
UK soft drinks company Nichols has pulled out of its offer period and is no longer for sale....
Nichols has posted a lift in sales for its first half, despite "extremely difficult" trading conditions....
AG Barr has signed a three-year deal with The Scottish Football League, making its Irn-Bru brand the official sponsor....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts