UK: Nichols makes board changes
Nichols has announced two changes to its board, whereby its executive chairman continues the role in a non-executive capacity and its finance director is promoted to chief executive.
The soft drinks company said on Wednesday (21 November), that it has accepted John Nichols' request to move from his role of executive chairman to non-executive chairman. Brendan Hynes, previously finance director, will become the group's chief executive with immediate effect.
Nichol's will remain executive chairman until a new finance director has been appointed and both he and Brendan have "settled into their new roles". This is likely to be early next year, the company said.
Nichols said: "Brendan has been instrumental in the successful re-shaping of the Nichols group over the last four years and his knowledge, drive and experience will be a great asset in leading the business into the next stage of its development and growth."
Earlier this year, Nichols brought discussions in relation to a possible takeover of the company to an end. Sources close to the situation had suggested that AG Barr was thought to be in talks with the Nichols family over a potential acquisition of the Vimto owner.
AG Barr has unveiled a new range of CSDs for the UK market....
Vimto Soft Drinks has announced the appointment of Patak's Foods general manager, Jonathan Bye as managing director of the company, effective from 7 April....
A.G.Barr shrugged off the effects of poor weather and a toughening UK market to deliver growth in sales, margin and pretax profits for its full year....
Nichols plc has posted a healthy lift in full-year profits, with sales inching upwards in 2007....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts