UK: Nichols ends takeover talks
UK soft drinks company Nichols has pulled out of its offer period and is no longer for sale.
The company, which owns the Vimto soft drinks brand, said today (14 September) that discussions in relation to a possible takeover have been terminated. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Nichols declined to give further details.
In March, a source close to the situation told just-drinks that a number of parties, including Irn-Bru maker AG Barr, were believed to be in talks with the Nichols family over a potential acquisition of Nichols. The source also said at the time that a number of private equity firms were interested in the company but that the Nichols family, which controls nearly 40% of the company, would be happy to retain ownership.
Separately, the company followed last month's first-half results announcement by saying that it is continuing to trade well this year. "The board remains confident in its ability to continue to deliver enhanced shareholder value in the future," Nichols said.
AG Barr has announced that its finance director and operations director will retire early in the next financial year, with their replacements having already been found....
A drink claiming to be the world's first active pre-tox drink has begun a listing in the UK....
AG Barr has reported that its full year trading results are all anticipated to be in line with expectations following its recent acquisition of Taut International....
AG Barr has confirmed the acquisition of two functional water brands in the UK....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research