FRANCE: New Orangina Schweppes drink to avoid French tax
Orangina Schweppes has launched a no added sugar version of its namesake drink, in an apparent effort to avoid a new soft drinks tax in its native France.
Suntory-owned Orangina has debuted 'Miss O!' in France. Made to new recipe, Orangina Miss O! replaces Orangina Light and does not contain aspartame or added sugar. It will be targeted specifically at women.
The move comes two weeks after France introduced a tax on soft drinks containing added sugar, as well as a lesser levy on those with artificialy sweeteners.
Miss O! is available in orange, raspberry and grapefruit flavours. It is packaged in 1.5 litre bottles and also in 33cl bottles for the orange flavour. Its slogans read: "Orangina Miss O! is the drink for women who want everything"; and "Every woman has something of Miss O!"
Meanwhile, Orangina Schweppes has launched two new flavours of Orangina - Bad Jack (exotic fruit) and Lady Gina (red fruit).
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves......
Asahi Group has confirmed that it has signed two joint ventures with an Indonesian company to market and distribute non-alcoholic drinks in the country....
Tsingtao's third-largest shareholder, billioniare Chen Fa Shu, has netted HKD1.5bn (US$192m) from a selldown of his shareholding in the brewery, according to local reports. ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review