IRELAND: New Irish whiskey distillery to start production this week
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week.
Dingle Distillery, in County Kerry, is believed to be the country’s first new whiskey production site to be opened since Pernod Ricard's Jameson distillery in Midleton in 1966. At present, the country has only three distilleries, the other two being owned by Beam Inc and Diageo.
Production of Dingle Distillery’s craft Irish whiskey is due to start on Thursday (29 November). Dingle Original Gin and Dingle Distillery Vodka have already been produced at the site, which are due to launch this week. They are expected to retail at EUR25 (US$32.40) per bottle, according to Oliver Hughes, distillery director.
The first 500 whiskey casks at the site are being offered to individuals, who will be known as the “founding fathers” of the company.
Earlier this year, William Grant & Sons confirmed that it will build a new distillery in Ireland for its Tullamore Dew brand, which it bought from C&C Group in 2010.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report