BRAZIL: Nestle invests in beverage facility
The Nestle facility will supply the states of Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, Espírito Santo and São Paulo
Nestle has opened a drinks facility in Brazil, creating 1,000 jobs.
The CHF83m (US$90.8m) factory, based in Três Rios near Rio de Janeiro, will produce Nescau RTD chocolate milk, soy-based Sollys products, and UHT milk for Nestle's Ninho and Molico brands. Production lines for the firm's RTD Fast beverage will be added next year, the firm said today (22 November).
The facility will supply the states of Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, Espírito Santo and São Paulo, and is expected to have a total annual production capacity of 124,000 tonnes.
"The state of Rio de Janeiro is of increasing importance for us," said Nestle Brazil's CEO, Ivan Zurita. "This factory will allow us to supply the market in Rio de Janeiro and the states of south east Brazil even more efficiently."
The Três Rios site is the company's third facility in Rio de Janeiro and 31st factory in Brazil. Nestle has a water bottling factory in Petrópolis in the country.
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages