FRANCE: Nestle drops Perrier Fluo in favour of Le Mix
Perrier declined to give details of the new product, but employees at its main bottling plant at Vergeze in southern France were told of the plans last week. Union officials, who have been in near-constant conflict with management for the past five years, said the company aimed to increase production at the facility to 1bn units a year compared to the present 800,000.
The new product range, to be sold in super and hypermarkets in 1.25-litre plastic bottles, will be "less flashy" than the Fluo range, which was sold in vividly coloured bottles and flavours. The new, slightly-sweetened water will come in grapefruit, orange & lychee, cassis & soft fruits and coconut & lime flavours, at a suggested retail price of EUR1.46 per bottle. It will be launched next month and a major advertising campaign is planned.
The union officials told just-drinks yesterday (25 March) that a new staff agreement would be put in place for the 1,170 staff. Some 150 employees will take early retirement and one new employee will be taken on for every six departures.
UK supermarket chain Asda has joined with Innocent drinks to cut prices on 100% juice and smoothies, in protest at high government tax on the products....
A weakening UK economy has forced Nestle to pull its functional smoothie range, Boosted Smoothies, only four months after launch in the country, it has said....
The former managing director of Orbital Wines has joined Gonzalez Byass in the UK....
Nestle has remained silent on rumours its joint venture brand Boosted Smoothies is struggling....
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are ethical drinks according to recent research....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has seen sales in its first quarter drop by a fifth, as the group enters what it has described as a "transition period"....
Pernod Ricard has shuffled its management pack, following the appointment of two deputy MDs last week....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends