UK: Morrisons poaches Waitrose buyer for wine sourcing manager
Morrisons has created a new role in its wine buying team
UK retailer Wm Morrison has created the position of wine sourcing manager, recruiting a wine buyer from rival supermarket chain Waitrose to assume the role.
Katie Mollet will be responsible for sourcing wines from Italy, Germany, Bordeaux, Loire, Alsace and Eastern Europe, Morrisons said. She will also have responsibility for sourcing fortified wines.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks yesterday (4 September) that Clive Donaldson, the current wine sourcing manager, will remain at Morrisons, with Mollet set to work alongside him.
Mollet will report in to Mark Jarman, head of wine operations at Morrisons.
Sectors: HR – personnel
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer