UK: Morrison Bowmore Distillers to distribute Cinzano.
Leading malt whisky distiller, Morrison Bowmore Distillers (MBD) has been appointed as the new UK distributor for the classic Italian vermouth, Cinzano
The appointment, which takes immediate effect, sees the UK distribution move from Allied Domecq Spirits & Wines UK Ltd to the Glasgow-based Morrison Bowmore Distillers.
Kenneth MacKay, global sales & marketing director for MBD told just-drinks.com: "We have reached a stage in our development curve where adding brands such as Cinzano clearly provides synergies with our existing Sales, Marketing and Logistics operations, and builds on our successes to date."
UK sales and marketing director, Steve Webb, added: " Cinzano is an ideal brand for our portfolio and we provide a clear focus for the development of this classic brand."
MBD have been expanding their directly controlled sales operation in recent years and they now have the muscle to take third party brands to all channels of the UK wines and spirits trade.
Flagship brand Bowmore now enjoys worldwide sales in excess of 100,000 cases and the company is expecting strong growth in their priority markets in 2002.Within 5 years the company are aiming at 150,000 cases throughout the world and news on investment in advertising and promotion as well as distribution and logistics in key markets is expected shortly.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research