Product Launch - UK: Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Bowmore Devil's Casks
Click through to view Bowmore's Devil's Casks
Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Bowmore Devil's Casks
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, Islay, 10yo, 56.9% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, 540 bottles available
Price - SRP of GBP50.99 (US$80) per bottle
Distribution - Morrison Bowmore Distillers
Morrison Bowmore Distillers is to release a non chill-filtered, small batch Scotch in the UK in time for Halloween.
Bowmore Devil's Casks has been matured for ten years in first-fill sherry casks, Bowmore said yesterday (9 September). The name is based on a local Islay legend that tells of the devil escaping in a cask of Bowmore bound for the mainland.
Last month, Morrison Bowmore posted a rise in full-year profits after investment in its single malt brands.
BOWMORE® ISLAY SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY LAUNCHES
THE DEVIL’S CASKS
A SPELLBINDING DRAM RICH WITH FRUITCAKE, CHOCOLATE AND DELICIOUSLY DARK FRUITS
Bowmore, Islay’s first Single Malt Scotch whisky, has announced the launch of The Devil’s Casks – a devilishly delicious dram which has been matured exclusively - and unusually - for 10 years in the finest first fill sherry casks. This non chill-filtered, small batch release is bursting with Bowmore’s hot and fiery characteristics, deep mahogany colour and rich fruitcake flavour.
Created to celebrate one of Islay’s most famous tales - a story shrouded in myth and legend - 6,000 bottles of The Devil’s Casks will be released in October, just in time for Halloween. The story goes that the Devil himself was spotted in the round church of Bowmore and chased by local congregation down into the No. 1 vaults at the Bowmore distillery. Here, as the warehousemen were filling casks and loading them aboard the paddle steamer (The Maid of Islay) the devil was lost. It is believed he escaped in a cask of Bowmore bound for the mainland.
The devil is in the detail when it comes to packaging for this delectable treat – the perfect addition to any whisky connoisseur’s collection. A deep red box tells the story of the legend alongside smoke illustrations and a Devil’s pitchfork suggesting the Devil himself isn’t far away!
Colour: Deep mahogany
Nose: Dark fruits, birch tar, the warmth of old leather, brandy, fruitcake and maple syrup.
Taste: Rich fruitcake, tarry chocolate, lingering dark fruits, tobacco and angelica root.
Finish: Exceptionally long, full-bodied finish.
Bowmore’s Master of Malts Iain McCallum: “Ten year’s maturation in first fill sherry casks has brought out Bowmore’s fiery characteristics. The notes in this dram are hot and seductive. This small batch release is quite simply, devilishly good!”
540 bottles of the Devil’s Casks has been released in the UK priced at £50.99 RRP, 56.9% ABV.
Bowmore The Devil’s Casks is available from October.
Original source: Company Release
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
Japan's Suntory Beverage & Food has appointed Stanislas de Gramont to head its new European subsidiary....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages