Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Bowmore Black Rock, Gold Reef, White Sands
Click through to view the Bowmore collection
Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Bowmore Black Rock, Gold Reef, White Sands
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 43% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Global Travel Retail
Price - Black, GBP44.99 (US$75) per one-litre bottle; Gold, GBP59.99 per one-litre bottle; White, GBP79.99 per 70cl bottle
Morrison Bowmore Distillers is to launch a Travel Retail exclusive collection for its Bowmore Scotch brand.
The collection, which comprises Bowmore Black Rock, Gold Reef and White Sands 17 Year Old, will be available worldwide, the company said today (4 April). Tastings of Black Rock and Gold Reef are to be held at selected airports in Europe throughout the year.
Morrison Bowmore's global sales & marketing director, David Wilson said: “Matured in the finest oak casks, these whiskies have been hand selected for their unique character, allowing us to bring Islay to life for the discerning traveller around the world.”
Black Rock is matured in first-fill, ex-Spanish Sherry casks and described as having a flavour of peat smoke, treacle toffee and orange. Gold Reef is matured in first-fill, ex-Bourbon casks, with flavours of vanilla, citrus fruits and coconut. White Sands 17 Year Old has been matured in Bowmore’s No.1 Vaults and has notes of exotic fruits with malty sweetness and warm peat smoke.
Morrison Bowmore is owned by Suntory Holdings, which is set to buy the owner of Islay distillery Laphroaig, Beam Inc, for US$16bn.
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Business consolidation, leveraging and enhancing its core brands are the main strategies for Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd. The listed company is now focusing on foods and beverages and on the way to ex...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends