UK: Morrison Bowmore boosts stocks as FY sales, profits rise
- Full-year net profits rise 7% to GBP7m (US$11.7m)
- Group sales up 12% to GBP55.6m
- Operating profits climb by 7% to GBP10m
- Whisky stock value up 8% to GBP82.8m
Morrison Bowmore found profits and sales growth in 2013
Net profits in calender 2013 increased by 7% to GBP7m (US$11.7m), the company reported this week in documents logged with the UK's Companies House. Group sales grew by 12% to GBP55.6m in the same period, while operating profits climbed by 7% to GBP10m.
The company, whose brands include Bowmore and Auchentoshan, said it will continue with its strategy of increasing volumes and profitability by focussing on investing in its portfolio.
The accounts showed that Morrison Bowmore increased its whisky stocks in 2013, ramping up their value by 8% to to GBP82.8m.
Suntory this year added another Islay Scotch to its spirits portfolio, to sit alongside Bowmore, with the acquisition of Laphroaig-owner Beam Inc.
Ian Buxton has just returned from Cognac. Much as he expected to see a gloomy fug over the region, he was surprised by the upbeat air among its spirits producers....
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
Business consolidation, leveraging and enhancing its core brands are the main strategies for Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd. The listed company is now focusing on foods and beverages and on the way to ex...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India