UK: Morrison Bowmore boosts stocks as FY sales, profits rise
- Full-year net profits rise 7% to GBP7m (US$11.7m)
- Group sales up 12% to GBP55.6m
- Operating profits climb by 7% to GBP10m
- Whisky stock value up 8% to GBP82.8m
Morrison Bowmore found profits and sales growth in 2013
Net profits in calender 2013 increased by 7% to GBP7m (US$11.7m), the company reported this week in documents logged with the UK's Companies House. Group sales grew by 12% to GBP55.6m in the same period, while operating profits climbed by 7% to GBP10m.
The company, whose brands include Bowmore and Auchentoshan, said it will continue with its strategy of increasing volumes and profitability by focussing on investing in its portfolio.
The accounts showed that Morrison Bowmore increased its whisky stocks in 2013, ramping up their value by 8% to to GBP82.8m.
Suntory this year added another Islay Scotch to its spirits portfolio, to sit alongside Bowmore, with the acquisition of Laphroaig-owner Beam Inc.
Ian Buxton has just returned from Cognac. Much as he expected to see a gloomy fug over the region, he was surprised by the upbeat air among its spirits producers....
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
Business consolidation, leveraging and enhancing its core brands are the main strategies for Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd. The listed company is now focusing on foods and beverages and on the way to ex...
Suntory Beverage & Food, having listed its shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange as well as having expanded its international presence through merger and acquisition activities over the review period, ai...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts