US: Monsieur Henri wins Türi distribution
Monsieur Henri, a unit of New Orleans-based spirits company Sazerac, has won US distribution rights to Bacardi's premium Türi vodka.
"Bacardi's done an excellent job with Türi," Jon Mowry, vice-president and general manager of Monsieur Henri told just-drinks. "It has a niche in the market, but it's got to find its place. It's still a very young brand."
Monsieur Henri plans to reinforce Türi's position as a premium vodka in the US$20 to US$30 price ranges while developing on-premise sales. Mowry declined to provide details on current sales or growth targets.
"We think the brand has real legs," Mowry said. "What that potential is, I don't know yet. We have some plans in place, and it's going to be interesting to see how the brand develops. This, to us, is a very, very important brand."
"We are also excited about the opportunity to return to our company's heritage and roots in vodka as represented by the addition of Türi. We see Türi as a high-quality authentic Estonian product that is well-positioned to participate in the growth of the super-premium vodka category," Mowry concluded.
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review