Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Equinox Citrus IPA
Equinox Citrus IPA is the first in a new series
Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Equinox Citrus IPA
Category - Beer, citrus-flavoured IPA, 3.8% abv
Available - From today (30 August)
Location - UK, on-trade
Price - Price at discretion of Sharp's customers
Distribution - Sharp’s Brewery
Molson Coors-owned UK brewer Sharp’s has launched the first in a series of bi-monthly beers, which it claims is in response to consumer requests for more guest beers on a regular basis.
Equinox Citrus IPA is flavoured with citrus fruits and “has a bitter, orange-zest taste, with a hint of sweet malt”, according to the brewer. Cornwall-based Sharp’s Brewery, best known for its Doom Bar cask ale, was acquired by Molson Coors two years ago.
30th August 2013: Today, Sharp’s Brewery is launching Equinox Citrus IPA (3.8% abv), to celebrate the changing of the seasons. The new, light golden cask beer has been brewed specially for this time of year, offering a refreshing accompaniment to the final weeks of a glorious British summer.
On 22nd September, the autumnal equinox marks the arrival of the new season, when night and day are the same length. Equinox Citrus IPA has a bitter, orange-zest taste, with a hint of sweet malt, followed by a crisp, spicy finish.
The new beer is the first in a series of bi-monthly offerings from Sharp’s, which is responding to its on-trade customers’ requests for guest beers on a more frequent basis.
Stuart Howe, Head of Craft Brewing and Innovation at Sharp’s, said: “Equinox Citrus IPA has been designed to refresh on a hot day whilst it is also capable of delivering a substantial cask beer experience for an autumn night. Boasting a sweet fruit aroma, our new beer has a complex yet clean flavour that will intrigue and delight cask lovers in the coming weeks.”
Original source: Company Release
Earlier this week, we published the first part of an interview with MillerCoors' sales president, Ed McBrien, where he explained the thinking behind's the JV's biggest launch to date, Miller Fortune. ...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Bulgaria beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
Last week, MillerCoors unveiled the biggest brand launch in its five-and-a-half year history: Miller Fortune, a beer designed to take on the spirits market. But, how will this strategy play out, and w...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research