Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Dubbel Coffee Stout
Click through to view Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Dubbel Coffee Stout
Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Dubbel Coffee Stout
Category - Beer, stout, 7% abv
Available - From this week
Location - UK, in both on- and off-trade
Price - Set independently by customer, available in 33cl bottle
Distribution - Molson Coors
Molson Coors has launched the final addition to the 2012 vintage of Sharp’s Connoisseur’s Choice portfolio. Dubbel Coffee Stout is a dark beer that joins Spiced Red and Single Brew Reserve 2012 in the range. Both were released earlier this year.
Sharp’s Brewery, which is best known for its Doom Bar cask ale, was acquired by Molson Coors two years ago.
Sharp’s Brewery is releasing its third Connoisseur’s Choice beer of the year in the form of Dubbel Coffee Stout (7% ABV). The new dark beer is the final offering from the 2012 vintage and follows Spiced Red (9% ABV) and Single Brew Reserve 2012 (4.5% ABV), which were unveiled in February.
Sharp’s head brewer, Stuart Howe, set out to create a premium bottled beer that was fruity, rich, sweet and warming. Dubbel Coffee Stout satisfies all of these objectives, coupled with an inviting aroma and clean finish. Sharp’s Connoisseur’s Choice is an award-winning range of premium bottled beers designed to profile the best ingredients and be the perfect partner to quality food.
Stuart says: “The Connoisseur’s Choice range awakens the drinker to the breadth of sensations available from beer and Dubbel Coffee Stout, like its predecessors, is packed with enticing flavour, a partner to good food and something to savour. It embodies all the elements of a strong dark ale whilst retaining our trademark subtlety, balance and finesse.”
The Connoisseur’s Choice range received a number of accolades last year, including International Beer Challenge gold and silver medals for Quadrupel Ale 2011 and Honey Spiced Tripel 2011 respectively. Of the latest vintage, Spiced Red was a gold-medal winner at the International Brewing Awards 2013.
Original source: Company Release
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. The se...
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends