UK: Molson Coors sells Tradeteam stake to DHL
Molson Coors has divested of its stake in Tradeteam
DHL has taken full control of UK drinks logistic business Tradeteam after buying out its joint-venture partner, Molson Coors.
The company said on Monday (31 December) that its supply chain unit had acquired the “remaining shares” in Tradeteam from the brewer. Finanical details of the deal were not disclosed.
DHL has been the “primary” stakeholder in Tradeteam since 1995 and managed the business “in partnership” with Molson Coors.
“Having reviewed their respective strategic objectives, the partners have decided that it was an appropriate time to complete the transition of the company from its origins as an in-house distribution department of Bass Brewers (since acquired by Molson Coors) to a fully independent drinks logistics specialist,” DHL said in a statement.
A Molson Coors spokesperson confirmed that the brewer would still use Tradeteam for distribution.
Seperately, in a statement, Philip Whitehead, the brewer's commercial excellence director, said: “The deal is designed to use DHL’s skills and knowledge in logistics to improve the network which will result in greater flexibility and performance for our customers.”
Beer in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
Beverages in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
Beer in United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts