UK: Molson Coors gives fresh spin to Cobra Beer ad
Cobra Beer achieved strong growth in the UK last year
The 20-second “Cobra Train” spot, which features a new ending, will air until 5 April, Molson Coors said today (12 February). Point-of-sale material will support the ad and it will also be available online in digital media, the company added.
Cobra chairman & founder Lord Karan Bilimoria said: “To realise our ambition of making Cobra a top ten beer brand in the UK, it is vital that we capitalise on our success by keeping Cobra front of mind for consumers, which is why we have invested in a campaign that is having a significant impact on the growth of the brand.”
Molson Coors said Cobra last year achieved a 14% UK on-trade sales increase and a 20% on-trade volumes increase year-on-year. At the same, UK off-trade sales jumped by 16% rise and volumes were up by 18%, the company said.
The Cobra Train ad, which can be viewed below, was first launched 12 months ago as part of a GBP4m (US$6.3m) UK advertising drive.
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World