UK: Molson Coors' Carling Zest goes on tap
Carling Zest is marketed as an alternative to cider or light wine
The UK division of Molson Coors has today (23 May) launched its lower-alcohol Carling Zest brand into the country's on-trade.
The 2.8% abv citrus-flavoured summer-rollout went on sale in the off-trade and in the on-trade in bottles in March. It will now be available in independent UK pubs and restaurants and those within the M&B estate until the end of September.
A GBP2m (US$3.15m) marketing campaign backs the launch, including point-of-sale materials and Carling Zest branded fonts, plaques and glassware.
The beer is positioned as a summer alternative to rose wine and cider for male and female drinkers.
A spokesman for Carling Zest told just-drinks there are no plans to launch the drink in other markets. In North America, Molson Coors has launched the 4%abv Coors Light Iced T to capture the summer drinks market.
Carling Zest joins Carling C2 in Molson Coors' lower-alcohol beer portfolio in the UK.
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages