UK: Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co president takes temporary leave
The head of Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co is taking time out
Moet Hennessy has confirmed that the head of its Glenmorangie Co division has stepped down from the role.
The company, which acquired Scotch whisky producer Glenmorangie in 2004 for around GBP300m, said earlier today (24 September): "In full agreement with The Glenmorangie Co and with its support, Paul Skipworth has decided to take a leave of absence for personal reasons." Skipworth became president & MD of Glenmorangie Co in 2011. He remains with the company despite vacating the post.
Skipworth, a former British Army officer, joined Moet Hennessy in 2003, initially as regional director for Asia Pacific. He moved to Glenmorangie in 2009 to become COO.
While no further details were immediately available, a spokesperson for Moet Hennessy said that Marc Hoellinger, the marketing strategy director for Moët Hennessy's wine and spirits business, will fill in for Skipworth until his return. Hoellinger was Glenmorangie's marketing and communications director before moving to his most recent post, also in 2011.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review