GLOBAL: Moet Hennessy fizzes in FY 2011
- Profits from recurring operations up by 18% to EUR1.1bn
- Net sales up by 8% to EUR3.5bn
- LVMH net sales rise by 16% to EUR23.6bn
Rebounding Champagne sales and the Asian thirst for Cognac have propelled Moet Hennessy to strong rises in sales and profits in 2011.
The wine and spirits division of LVMH reported net sales for the 12 months to the end of December up by 8% to EUR3.5bn (US$4.6bn). Profits from recurring operations jumped by 18% versus 2010, to EUR1.1bn, Moet Hennessy said yesterday (2 February).
The strong results helped to lift the full-year performance of LVMH, which saw rises across all of its business divisions and reported group net sales up by 16% to EUR23.6bn. Group net profits crept up by 1% to EUR3.06bn.
Over the year, Moet Hennessy continued to enjoy success with premium Hennessy Cognac in China. However, it singled out higher pricing in Champagne as a key results driver.
"Having maintained a strategy of value during the difficult period in 2009, the Champagne business fully benefited from the return in demand," the wine and spirits arm said. Glenmorangie Scotch whisky and Belvedere vodka saw volume gains during the year.
In the fourth quarter, Moet Hennessy's sales rose by 9.4% to EUR1.2bn. As a group, LVMH reported fourth-quarter sales up by 20% to EUR7.3bn, including the contribution of newly-integrated Bulgari.
To view the company's release, click here.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
The commercial court of Dijon has placed seven of Belvedere's subsidiaries under administration....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research