FRANCE/UK: Moet Hennessy appoints new Glenmorangie chief
The Scotch whisky business has a new boss
Moet Hennessy has appointed a permanent replacement to head up its Scotch whisky unit The Glenmorangie Company, four months after the previous incumbent stepped down.
Marc Hoellinger takes on the role of CEO at the division, effective tomorrow (1 February), as a full-time replacement for Paul Skipworth. Hoellinger has been filling in for Skipworth, who took a "leave of absence" from the role of Glenmorangie's president & CEO last September for “personal reasons”.
Skipworth is remaining with Moet Hennessy, the wine and spirits unit of LVMH, as the division's senior VP for strategy, reporting to Moet's CEO Christophe Navarre.
Though Hoellinger will have the title of CEO his duties will remain the same as his predecessor's, a company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks.
It marks a return to Glemorangie for Hoellinger, who was international marketing and communication director at the unit from 2008 to 2011. His last role was as Moët Hennessy's wines & spirits' marketing strategy director.
“I am delighted to return to Scotland in what are exciting times for the Scotch whisky industry, and the Ardbeg and Glenmorangie brands in particular,” he said.
Moet Hennessy yesterday reported a 9% rise in full-year profits.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research