MEXICO: Modelo mulls competition appeal
Grupo Modelo may appeal against a ruling from Mexico's competition watchdogs that reportedly calls for the end of exclusive distribution to its retail outlets.
Modelo, which brews brands including Corona, criticised the ruling from the country's Federal Competition Commission (CFC) and denied it has broken competition law.
"Grupo Modelo has the firm conviction that it has always acted in strict fulfillment of the applicable law and does not share the conclusions to which the CFC arrived by a divided vote," a report from the Latin American EFE News Service quoted Modelo as saying yesterday (22 August).
The company reportedly added that it will challenge the ruling "vigorously by every means of defence that the law provides."
Modelo said the ruling imposed no financial penalty and would not affect its sales and earnings, the report added.
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl....
Anheuser-Busch has reported a 12% jump in profits during 2006 thanks to contributions from its stable of imported beers and growing sales overseas....
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
Mexico's Grupo Modelo and French group Nestle Waters have sealed their joint venture for the Mexican bottled water market....
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico....
Grupo Modelo has successfully appealed against an antitrust ruling in its home market....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
Modelo's US distributor, Crown Imports, has named Casanova Pendrill Integrated Hispanic Communications as its Hispanic agency of record for the company's Corona Extra, Corona Light, and Modelo Especia...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends