MEXICO: Modelo confirms annual dividend payment
Grupo Modelo has lined up its annual dividend payment for shareholders.
The Mexican company said earlier this week that it will pay out MXN6.76bn (US$615m). The payment equates to MXN2.08 per share.
The company said that payment would be made next Monday (30 April). The dividend is up two-thirds on 2005, and represents 78% of last year's net profit.
Modelo, which is 52%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, owns Corona, the largest imported beer brand in the US.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Grupo Modelo has posted a marked lift in operating profits for the third quarter....
Carlsberg is set to take over the distribution of Modelo's Corona beer brand in Singapore and Malaysia from Asia Pacific Breweries....
Anheuser-Busch has blasted Greenpeace's recent claims that the brewer is using genetically-engineered (GE) rice in the US as retaliation against its decision not to boycott US farmers....
Talk of consolidation within the world's brewing industry moved up a gear today (9 October), with reports that SABMiller is in talks with Molson Coors....
The Czech government has moved Budejovicky Budvar a step nearer privatisation, according to local reports....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages