UK: Mitchells & Butlers sees another chairman exit
Another chairman is heading for the exit at Mitchells & Butlers
Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has confirmed another change of chairman.
The UK pub group, which saw Simon Burke take over from John Lovering back in February, said earlier today that Bob Ivell has been appointed interim non-executive chairman after Burke told M&B that he is to step down. The reasons behind Burke's decision were not disclosed.
Lovering, who Burke had replaced, only joined M&B in January last year, when he replaced Simon Laffin as chairman.
“Bob (Ivell) has extensive board experience in food and beverage companies with a particular focus on food-led, managed restaurants and pubs,” M&B said in its statement.
At the same time, Michael Balfour has also decided to step down as a non-executive director, while Ron Robson, who has been on M&B's board since the beginning of last year, has been appointed to the role of non-executive deputy chairman.
M&B is scheduled to release its interim management statement next week.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research