UK: Mitchells & Butlers sees another chairman exit
Another chairman is heading for the exit at Mitchells & Butlers
Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has confirmed another change of chairman.
The UK pub group, which saw Simon Burke take over from John Lovering back in February, said earlier today that Bob Ivell has been appointed interim non-executive chairman after Burke told M&B that he is to step down. The reasons behind Burke's decision were not disclosed.
Lovering, who Burke had replaced, only joined M&B in January last year, when he replaced Simon Laffin as chairman.
“Bob (Ivell) has extensive board experience in food and beverage companies with a particular focus on food-led, managed restaurants and pubs,” M&B said in its statement.
At the same time, Michael Balfour has also decided to step down as a non-executive director, while Ron Robson, who has been on M&B's board since the beginning of last year, has been appointed to the role of non-executive deputy chairman.
M&B is scheduled to release its interim management statement next week.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK