UK: Mitchells & Butlers appoints finance chief
M&B to sell off drinks-led pubs
UK pub owner Mitchells & Butlers has appointed Time Jones as its new finance director.
Jones, who will take over from Jeremy Townsend, has been finance director at Interserve Plc since 2003.
Prior to this, he held senior financial positions at Novar, Exel, British Gas and Hambros Bank both in the UK and overseas. A joining date for Jones has not yet been decided, Mitchells & Butlers said today (22 June).
Townsend will leave the pub group on 31 August to become chief financial officer of Rentokil Initial.
Earlier this year, Mitchells & Butlers announced it would sell off up to 300 drinks-led pubs to make way for rapid expansion of pubs that serve food, such as its Toby Carvery and Harvester chains.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends