US: MillerCoors signs CONCACAF extension for Miller Lite deal
Miller Lite has sponsored the tournament since 2005
MillerCoors has extended its Miller Lite brand's partnership with the North and Central American and Caribbean football authorities.
Miller Lite will be the exclusive global beer sponsor of the Confederation of North, Central America and the Caribbean Association Football's (CONCACAF) Gold Cup tournament for the next two seasons, MillerCoors said. Miller Lite has sponsored the tournament since 2005, said the brewer, a JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors.
As part of the deal, Miller Lite will also be the exclusive US sponsor of the confederation's club team tournament, the CONCACAF Champions League, for the next two seasons, MillerCoors said.
No financial details have been disclosed.
SABMiller has opened a second brewery in Uganda as it seeks to relieve capacity pressures in the country....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India