US: MillerCoors pushes anti-drink/drive with TV ad
The Miller Lite ad will run throughout the World Cup
The company said earlier this week that the Miller Lite ad, entitled 'Brad's Plan', will encourage consumers to plan ahead for their return from a night out.
In the spot, a man drinking a Miller Lite with his friends approaches a woman in a bar. The camera then cuts to the two of them in her car, before pulling back to show that he – and his two friends - are being driven home by the woman.
The ad will debut on 23 June during the USA versus Algeria game on ESPN. It will then share Miller Lite's media weight on general market broadcasts throughout the World Cup with ads from the brand's current 'Taste Greatness' campaign.
Miller Lite will have in-game advertising on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2, as well as on ESPN3.com, where games will be streamed live. The buy, the amount of which was not disclosed, will focus on “marquee games” during pool play, including all USA matches, and continue through the quarter-finals, semi-finals and championship.
Miller Lite also will advertise in game rebroadcasts on ESPN Classic.
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research