US: MillerCoors gives original Miller Lite can a fresh outing
Click through to view the limited-edition can
MillerCoors is to release in the US an updated version of the original Miller Lite can that was first unveiled 40 years ago.
The limited-edition Original Lite Can, which will also feature in upcoming movie Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, will go on sale from January until March, MillerCoors said today (10 December). It will be available in 12-, 16- and 24-ounce sizes.
“Miller Lite is the original light beer and this limited-edition can celebrates that innovation and helps inform consumers of the rich history behind our beer,” said Elina Vives, marketing director for Miller Lite.
Anchorman 2, set for release on 18 December, will feature character Ron Burgundy and his news team drinking from the cans, MillerCoors said. In the UK, the movie's production company, Paramount Pictures, has teamed up with Britvic to release limited-edition Tango bottles featuring Burgundy.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
Mergers and acquisitions have to varying degrees been important in shaping the different alcoholic drinks categories....
The Republic of Ireland has long been tagged, for good or bad, as being a hard-drinking nation. The charity Alcohol Action Ireland claims that Irish adults "binge-drink" more than any of their Europea...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World