INDIA: Mexican beer giant Grupo Modelo launches Corona
Leading Mexican brewer, Grupo Modelo is hoping the launch in India of its premium priced beer brand, Corona will create sales of USS$1m. Corona rated the world's 5th best selling beer in 2000 is already stocked by a number of supermarket outlets in Bombay. But by pricing the brand at Rs.150/ (US$3) it will be positioned head to head against its international rival, Heineken priced at Rs.130.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends